Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

Today is Thrifty Thursday on My Creative Time Blog. The goal is to create a project using scraps/leftovers or a recycled item. I took on a toilet paper roll, again!  and covered with scrap paper and then added dies to create a flower vase/gift.  Using extra dies and scraps of papers on my desk over the last few projects I've done made this little gift come together nicely!  Even added paper grass left from Easter Baskets!  I'm sure my husband is pleased I'm recycling the many spare rolls we have ~ lol!


 Close up of flowers and the pinwheel I created from one of Emma's dies ~ check out below to see how to make this.
 Added the Tag Gift Pocket Die to front of tube to add a gift card or cash ~ great add on!
My Creative Time Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Paper: Simple Stories & scrap cardstock
Mini Clothes Pin
Pearls & Enamel Dots
Paper Grass
Wood Dowels
Wire
Toilet Paper Roll



How I made the pinwheel:

First, using the instant photo die from 4x4 Journal Die + More set, I cut out of paper for the small square.
 Next, using scissors, cut into each corner towards center:
 Place a glue dot in center and then fold one opposite corner on each side to center:
 Do this all the way around:
 Using the small flower from Stitched Pretty Flowers set, glue dot flower to center to cover paper ends. You can use a circle or even small star in center too:

Now you have a pinwheel!! 

For more Thrifty Thursday inspiration, click here.

11 comments:

jessica said...

WOW!!! This is awesome Candace! I love the papers you used and what a GREAT idea to make a pinwheel! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!!!
AWESOME job!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute, great pinwheel!!!

Joan Smith said...

How awesomely clever and creative are you!!!! OMG I love it to the moon and back....great papers great colors and I was totally wondering what you had used to make your pinwheel and voila bomp there it was....LOVE love love it all!!! You are so talented!!

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job with your AWESOME project Candace, LOVE the great idea!!! Have a GREAT day my friend!!! :)

Glora said...

ADORABLE! I just love it and that pinwheel idea is AWESOME. Thanks for the tutorial on it. I will definitely be using that idea! Thanks for sharing! Hugs- Glora

LucyLu said...

Another fun, colorful project!!! I love it!
Thanks for sharing step-by-step on how to make a pinwheel ;)

mickeydee said...

I love how you were able to use the MCT dies to make your project. It all came together so well. From the doily to the pinwheel, it is all so bright and cheerful. Love it! mickey pal two at msn dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

way too cleaver!!!!! love it!

quilt4fun2 said...

I love the recycled items and how clever you are to make that cute pinwheel. The stitching makes it so pretty. Great project.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so pretty and that pinwheel is genius!!!

Kim H said...

Oh Candace ~ I think that pinwheel is so CLEVER! I am so lifting this idea! AWESOME project all the way around! Way to recycle!